Here are four basic bicycling tips
Cycle safety checklist
Before we start a ride, quick test on a bicycle : A- Air ,B- Brakes, C - Chain & crank.
- Make sure that your bike is the right size and that it is correctly adjusted to suit you.
- A bicycle fitted rightly to your height will be more comfortable and easier to manage.
- Ask the team at Cycling Zens to help you pick the correct bicycle size.
- Ensure your bicycle is in good working order by periodically doing the ABC Quick Check.
“A” = Air. Check the sidewall of the tire and inflate tires to the rated pressure as indicated on the sidewall.
“B” = Brakes and cables should be in good condition. See if you can reach the brake levers comfortably, then squeeze them for cable tightness.
“C” = Chain. Always check that the chain is clean and lubricated.
Quick: Check your quick release skewers on your wheels. Make sure they are tight enough to keep your wheels on.
Check: Take a quick ride to check if derailleurs and brakes are working properly.
Properly-fitted helmets protect against a potentially life-threatening injury to the head. By law, when riding on a public road, bicycle riders under 18 years of age must wear a bicycle helmet.
Wear your helmet per manufacturer directions.
Be Visible and Alert
Even if you follow all traffic rules, the possibility of a collision is still present.
- Be prepared to brake for vehicles waiting at stop signs, in driveways, or parking spaces.
- Be prepared to take evasive action on vehicles that have just passed you, and you may turn right.
- Use hand signals to warn traffic around you before making turns or changing lanes.
Ride in a Safe Lane Position
Ride in the same direction as traffic so that you are more visible to drivers entering roads or changing lanes in the following scenarios:
- Passing a vehicle or a bicycle.
- Preparing to turn right at the intersection.
- If the lane is too narrow for a bicycle,
- When you approach the right turn.
- If there is a one-way road with two or more lanes.
Included with every bike rental:
Condition and purpose
- Bookings for rental only require full payment at the time of booking. A secure online payment system is available for payment.
- Cycling Zens accepts payments via cash, UPI, or bank transfer for all other bookings
- Additionally, the client agrees to pay: (a) any and all applicable tax and other government taxes or duties; and (b) any bank charges related to money transfers.
- Cycling Zens reserves the right to cancel, amend, or modify the client's reservation at its sole discretion. This is if the client fails to pay the total price at least 30 days before the start date.
- Payment in full or in part of the total price (including payment by credit card) implies acceptance of the T&C.
Changes to Bookings/Cancellation
- If the service is unavailable during the Hire Period for reasons outside of Cycling Zens' control (for example, theft, a fire, an earthquake, or damage from an earlier contract), Cycling Zens will use its best efforts to provide the Client with an alternative.
- In the case of early returns, late pickups, no shows, or change of mind, no refund will be given.